Monday, April 25, 2016

Documenting Life - Pages 5 and 6 of 100...

Hi friends!  I'm happy to be back with pages 5 and 6 of the 100 Day Project!

Page 5 is actually a large tag, that will be inserted into a pocket in my journal.  It is a prompt from the Documented Life Project...

"Guests at a Roundtable Discussion"

I decided I wanted all of my roundtable guests to be inspiring women who I have never met in real life.  Here's what I came up with and why...

Page 5/100
"Fantasy Roundtable"
 The list TEN form is a printable from the Documented Life Project women.  I printed it out onto kraft printer paper; and used hand-painted hole reinforcers to highlight the numbers. Pasted the list onto a large black Ranger Tag, added some white doodles and a hand-dyed ribbon for the top.

Here's the back side of the tag...
I used the back side of the tag to add tiny photos of each of the women on my list, along with a typed list of what I find inspiring about them/why I chose them.  I just think it would be so neat to listen to these ten women discuss life - what's important to them, what they've learned from their challenges and triumphs, how they have fun, just everything!

So--- On to page 6!

Page 6/100 is a double-page spread in my journal, documenting April 19 - 21, 2016...
I wish I would have taken a picture of this page before I started working on it.  It had a bunch of collage already, plus a double pocket stitched into it, with a technique I learned in the Artful Attache workshop I recently took from Roben-Marie.


The two major things documented here are Johnny's medical emergency and Prince's death.  I am happy to report that Johnny is feeling much better.  He has to wear his cone for a couple of weeks, but he is adjusting to it surprisingly well, which makes us really happy. :)

I have to say I am still in shock about Prince's passing.  Being a Minneapolis girl, it hit really close to home.  There will be some tribute pages coming for sure, but for now, just a photo and note that it happened.  :(


On this side you can see the double pocket sewn onto the page.  Tucked in are the tag page from above, and a postcard that came with some happy mail from Maisy Handmade on Etsy.
 So, that's it for today! Tomorrow I will be back with a sneak peek of my April creative squad project for Nat Kalbach, along with a link to the step-by-step blogpost!

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

Emie58 said...

Love working on DLP....it's really fun this year. The passing of Prince is very sad.... It's hard to loose someone so young and talented.

Marit said...

Hi Michelle, it's been a while since I visited your blog and I had quite some posts to go through... how neat to see my postcard on one of your pages! I'm working on a 'Chronicles' page for week 16 also and yes, Prince will be mentioned of course... such a shock. It seems like 2016 is already the year of 'passing rockstars' (David Bowie, Glen Frey, Paul Kantner, Keith Emerson...) and we're only in April! I hope it stops, we cannot miss all those great musicians!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these!!! LOVING who you chose for your round table and glad to hear Johnny is doing better!!!! Still so sad about Prince! I am sure MN. is still shocked!!!!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

I love it! it looks so amazing with all the nice colors and details, the big photo of the cat and the tag, it all comes out so nice together. I still can't believe that Prince is no longer along us. My dog had to wear a cone to for a while, I hope it comes of soon with Johnny.