Sunday, November 29, 2015

Days 27 and 28 of NaNoJouMo: Catching Up...

Hi friends!  I have my pages done for days 27 and 28 of National Nonstop Journaling Month, and I'm excited to share them with you! Both are tip-ins to my Memory Keeping Planner Journal.

Awhile ago, I purchased the "Whimsical Watercolor Ultimate Collection," by Danielle Donaldson.  It includes her book "Creative Girl," and three DVD Watercolor Workshops.  So far I'm really getting a lot out of them!  My first page is a result of what I'm learning...

Day 27:
"Things On My Desk"


The second page is for the current challenge at the Documented Life Project. The challenge is as follows:

Art Challenge: Combine Stencils, Stamps & Masks
Journal Prompt:  "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."-Henry James

When I saw the "be kind" journal prompt, I immediately thought of the song "Uncle John's Band," by the Grateful Dead.  I love that song, and it brings back memories of singing it along with the crowd at many dead shows.  This prompted me to use the lyrics to the song as inspiration for my page.  I wrote out the lyrics in the background, and used one of the main lines as the title...

Day 28:
"Are You Kind"

Just for fun, here's a video for the song...



Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope to have the final two pages done for tomorrow's post - see you then!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these! LOVING those colors on the 2nd one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trece said...

Love the watercolor page. I can tell you're gonna soar there!