Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day 7 of NaNoJouMo: The Only Way Out...

Hi again friends!  We are already one week into NaNoJouMo, can you believe it?  If you are participating, how is it going for you?

I'm still having fun, and I must say it feels really good to be back journaling every day.  For today's page, I am working on a lesson by Tangie Baxter for the Radiant II - Art Journaling Workshop.  Tangie's lesson deals with making cutouts in your page.  For some reason, it's been a challenge wrapping my head around this one.  Challenges are good though, right?  They keep your brain growing!  Anyhoo, Tangie created a set of three pages that all go together to tell one story as you turn the pages.  As totally awesome as that was, I couldn't come up with a three-part story that I wanted to tell in this way, so I changed it up.  I am doing three totally separate pages, that are tied together only in the fact that they each have cut outs.  The third one is already done (I won't reveal which one that is yet, although you have already seen it on this blog).  For today's page, I tackled the first one.  Here it is...

DAY 7:
"The Only Way Out..."

You can see the holes a little better from this angle...

It was a super-interesting lesson, which I am sure I will use in different ways in the future.

For more info on NaNoJouMo, click here.
For more info on the Radiant II - Art Journaling workshop, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a super duper Saturday!

3 comments:

Marit said...

Yeah, right... so now you had me looking through all your former posts to see if I could spot the 'under page' (which I couldn't...)

I LOVE the idea of cut outs in your page - I might try that in my Chronicles... but then the weekend of one week will show the weekend of the next week so I don't know if that is a good idea - the days may be entirely different and have nothing to do with each other... hmmm... thinking out loud here... Anyway, LOVE your page and wish you a happy and creative weekend! Mine starts NOW!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This looks AMAZING!! I am LOVING how you did the cutouts!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cutouts are a challenge. Never done them yet. You did a great job! Love your page!

Xx Monica