Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 13: Finding My Groove...

Hi friends!  It's day 13 of NaNoJouMo, and I'm noticing something.  I definitely have a rhythm to my creating.  I seem to go back and forth - one complicated, time consuming art journal page, followed by a quick one, then back to a more complex one.  This is a good thing for me to realize, because after this challenge is over; I know that I can keep the groove going by following this pattern.  In the past, I've started to feel drained when trying to do a page every day; and I realize now it's because I kept trying to do time-consuming pages, one after another.  I guess my brain just needs a break in between.  Do you find this to be true in your creative practice?

So, on to the page for Day 13. This page was created with the black paint that was leftover on my palette from yesterday's page.  I had a song in my head at the time, so I grabbed a page in my journal that already had a background, and wrote the lyrics on the page.  I've been thinking it would be fun to do a canvas like this, so it was good practice.  Here's how it turned out...

Day 13:
All I Ever Need is You
The lyrics aren't meant to be legible, and it's a good thing cuz they are wrong!  HA.  It's the song how I remembered it, now how it actually is; but that doesn't really matter, does it?  I don't think so.

Just for fun, here's the song. Do you remember this one?




For more info on NaNoJouMo, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a Fabulous Friday!

3 comments:

Marit said...

I, too, shift between 'easy' and 'difficult' pages and I work on a few at once, hopping from one to another. 'Problem' is, that I have 3 or 4 pages in the same colour-range then as I use the same palette... but is that really a problem? I also leave pages overnight to work on it the next day(s) - some pages take almost a week before they're finished. Oh, and I created some ATC's in between, which was fun for a change!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL ... are you sure the artists just don't have the lyrics wrong?? That happens to me all the time! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!! Sonny & Cher .. I <3 them!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierrette Goupil said...

Great page Michelle! I love to listen to music while working on a page! Thanks for the video!