Sunday, April 5, 2015

The 100-day Project...

Hey there everyone!  Last night I signed up for something on a whim, and I'm really excited about it.  It's called the "100-day Project."  It's for anyone (not just artists), and the point is to commit to doing an activity of your choosing, every day for 100 days; and share proof on instagram.


If you go to the site and click through to see what some of the projects from past years look like, it's pretty inspiring.

Anyhoo, I've been in a creative rut with my mixed media art journal.  I haven't completed a page in it since March 18th. I thought this would be a great opportunity to get back on track!  Sooooo, I signed up to (you guessed it), make and post an art journal page every day for 100 days.  I'm so excited! 

The guidelines I'm making for myself are:
1. The page can be in any of my journals, any style, any size.
2. It doesn't have to be pretty - just done.
3. I'm going to aim for 50% workshop assignments, and 50% freeform pages.  This is because not only am I behind on my workshop lessons, but I also want to make time for my own creative ideas.

The project starts tomorrow (April 6, 2015) and goes through July 14th.  I am using the hashtag #100daysofjournalingforshelley, along with the #the100dayproject that everyone is using on instagram, so come on over and cheer me on!

I will also be posting my journal pages here on the blog, but  I may post them in bundles, rather than every day.

Want to play along?  Click here for all the rules and info, and to sign up!

EEEK!  I'm so excited!  I better get to work setting things up!

4 comments:

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,
I'm so excited for you and this project! I've seen tons of 100 day projects and think it's a cool idea.
Can't wait to see your art!! I will find you on IG and follow you too.
Good luck and have fun!

Michelle Rydell said...

Thanks Dawn! I will follow you back too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How AWESOME is this?!?!?!?! Can't wait to see your posts!!!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am excited for y our project, just like Dawn is! Your creativity aways astounds me, so I cannot wait to see what you creative for the 100 day project Michelle! HUGS to you!!! Hope all is well!