Sunday, January 18, 2015

Just Be (Journal 52 Week 2)...

The second week's challenge over at Journal 52 was   "Just Be." 

Here's what I came up with...
It was one of those pages where I had a story, but no idea how I was going to create the page when I started.  I just started playing with layers of stencils and spray ink.  Then I added some collage papers, doodles, and acrylic paint.  I found the image of the woman looking out into the ocean in a book and it fit perfectly, so I pasted it on.  Lastly some doodling, journaling and a title. 

I realized that lately I've been doing lots of planned pages; so it felt really good to jwing it with this one.  How about you?  Do you usually plan your journal pages, or are you  more of a "just play and see what happens" type?

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that flower!!!!

Pierrette Goupil said...

So happy that I have found your Blog... you are very inspiring and this is beautiful! I love your art so much! And I made the promise to myself that I will create everyday in 2015. :)

Pierrette Goupil said...

I create in different ways... according to the journal I use. There is one where nothing is planned... and I paint doodles or any subject... in another I paint only flowers... then there is my Journal 52 (a Moleskine) in which I create like you... there's a story. What journal do you use for Journal52? Have a beautiful day!

Monica said...

I just found your blog and it was really inspiring as I try to journal everyday and flounder around with the Documented life Project, Journal 52 and NE.And just saw comments that others feel sort of like me. Now off to redesign how i do it and to be sure to follow you.
Thanks