Thursday, April 17, 2014

Planner Journal Update - Collaborating with Michael...

Hey friends!  I'm excited to share with you one of my favorite weeks in my planner so far! 

The Documented Life challenge was to ask someone else to draw something for you, and you have to finish it. 

I asked my husband Michael to draw a little doodle or something, and he came up with this whole scene! He even had a name for it - "The Road to Nowhere." I colored it in with watercolor pencil, and added a little bit of pitt pen. We both signed it at the bottom. I love that I now have this collaboration in my journal!


Here's how it looks taped into my weekly spread...


 and here's the weekly spread with the flap lifted up to reveal the No Excuses challenge to doodle on a magazine clipping and journal around it. 


 I used the underside of the flap to create my tribute to the artist of the month:  Marc Chagall.  It started with this intro...


and then the flap opens to reveal some quotes and photos of Chagall's work...
 I love all that I learned about this talented man. He seems like he was such a sweet, romantic and humble person.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I wish you a fabulous Thursday!  See you again soon!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeee that Michael drew that for you!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Loving all your pages!!! That artist you featured has some amazing creations!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW, wow, wow! I love that Michael collaborated with you for these amazing pages. Just wonderful. I want to wish you a very Happy Easter, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hola,
Me gusta tu blog, felicitaciones
Rosa María