Sunday, November 10, 2013

Art Every Day Month, Day 7 - Inky Shadows...

Hi friends!  For day 7 of AEDM, I worked on another Draw Your Awesome Life lesson.

You probably can't tell, but this is actually a crumpled piece of paper.  It was a bit of a brain teaser to draw, but super fun to shade!

 Tombow Markers and water

I've been meaning to do some journaling with these exercises, but time gets away from me.  Perhaps I will add journaling to the background later...

For the last two days, I have been busily preparing my 2014 No More Excuses journal!  Fun, fun, fun!!!  I will share that with you tomorrow!

For more info on Draw Your Awesome Life, click here.
For more info on Art Every Day Month, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting - I appreciate you so much!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great exercise. I love it! And yes, I could immediately tell it was a crumpled piece of paper.
Stay inspired!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks Michelle!

Indigo Janson said...

It looks tricky but definitely works. I like the vibrant colours you've used too.

Sharon Fritchman said...

How COOL that you drew a crumbled up piece of paper! I think your piece looks amazing!!!! I want to try it now - I bet it would be a great learning experience for me to draw! Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So fun!!! LOVING how you did the crumpled paper!!!!

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,

I knew it was a crumpled paper before reading your post. What a great job you did on it, did you actually crumple one up to help you? Awesome shading and pretty background colors.
Can't wait to see your new journal!!

Trece said...

Cannot wait for the post on NME! What are you using as a journal? I got the Barnes and Noble Desk Diary, for its vertical columns. How much prep are you doing for it? Details!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks so much for your kind words everyone! I really appreciate them!

Dawn - I did crumple up a piece of paper to help me with this drawing. Then, I shined my desk lamp at it from an angle to help accentuate the light and shadow areas.

Trece - I'm about to write the NME blogpost right now, and I will answer your questions...