Friday, June 21, 2013

The Marriage of Glue-it Tuesday and Summer of Color...

Hi everyone!  I haven't done "Glue-it Tuesday" in a few weeks, so I thought I would get busy and have some fun with my glue stick!  This week, I decided to marry it with the pink and orange color scheme for this week's Summer of Color challenge, so here's what I came up with...

I already had an orange painted background in my journal, so I just grabbed some pink and orange images from my image box and glued them down grid style.  Super easy!

Oh, and p.s. HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE!  It's a great midpoint day to take a look at your word for the year and see how you think it's going?  I'm going to do that tonight on a journal page.  My word is "balance," and I have to say my feelings about what that word means to me have changed a bit since I picked it in December.   How about you?  What's your word for the year?  How's it going?  Do you need to change your word? 

I'm linking up with Summer of Color and Glue-it Tuesday; and also Art Journal Every Day.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I will see you again soon!

12 comments:

anne g-i said...

love the look of summer!!!!! hope you guys got through the storms ok so far...and the ones that may still come through tonight! given the weather this year, i guess it shouldn't be a surprise that summer came in with a big bang!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

the storms were pretty crazy! the worst of it is past us now, thank heavens! I hope you are okay where you are!

dawn said...

HAPPY SUMMER TO YOU MICHELLE!! Too bad it was a stormy night for you. So glad your ok though!! We had a hot gorgeous day and night here in Ohio.

WOW WOW WOW!!! I love the way you wove two challenges together, GORGEOUS!! This week's colors were so fun to work with. So many awesome projects to see at Kristin's blog, love scrolling thru them all.

I LOVE LOVE your pages so much, bright and happy just like you!! Your handwriting is so pretty here too.

Great idea about checking in with our word right now. Can't believe half a year has gone by already. Looking forward to seeing your journal page about your word. Hope you feel good about it.

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend!
HUGS!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Happy Summer, Michelle!!!! Yes, summer storms can be strong and scary - I am so happy that you are safe and sound! And can I tell you just how much I love your creativity! Like I have said before, your work always inspires me in so many ways. These pages are no exception!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Summer has been here since April! LOL! The joys of living in the deserts of AZ! HA!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your page!! GORGEOUS colors!!!

Marit said...

I have been thinking about my word a lot lately... it has proven to be more and bolder and much more needed than I could ever have imagined... I might do a page about it sometime...

AM Zafaran said...

I love the bright splash of color and energy on your page!

Tracey FK said...

That does look lovely and is just what i needed to see while I sit here just through the winter solstice here in Australia... so cold and grey.,.. just what i needed... happy week 2...xx

lorik said...

Love your warm happy colours and use of text too. Nice to be reminded of summer on this cold dreary wet day ( I am in Australia too)

A'n'G Johnson said...

Fantastic marriage of the two and I'm loving your Tip too.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Gorgeous, bright and beautiful! I like how your organized your page spread, too. Happy SOC3 to you!!

Kristin said...

GORGEOUS! SO bright and full of energy! Another wonderful piece, xoox