Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Journal Page...

Here's another page in my Book of Days that didn't take much time...
We were gone all day on Thanksgiving, so when we got home I was tired.  I still felt like journaling, but I didn't have a lot of energy.  Simple was the name of the game.  The background is just spray ink over wet gesso.  I cut the big flower out of some gift wrap, and painted the words with a big brush and more gesso.  The photo is one that Michael took of me that day, and I feel like it captures my emotion perfectly!  A super simple page, but it still says what I want it to.  My journal is about half-full now!  I will post a pic soon.

Did you see that Mary Ann Moss is having another workshop?  It's called "Ticket to Venice," and it's going to be a really unique adventure in travel journaling.  I'm all signed up and so excited!  Check it out here.

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!!


6 comments:

yyam said...

It looks lovely! Love that photo of you!

Would you consider turning off word verification? I have mine turned off and don't have a problem with spam.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee this Michelle!! I love love love that photo of you and the fun colors!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

dawn said...

OMG, THIS IS AWESOME!! I loooooovvveee this photo of you, so happy and so REAL!! Great way to sum up the day and this is how I felt that day too!! The flower cut out is so pretty and the background just makes the whole page a happy place! LOVE THIS!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Yvonne, I've tried turning off word verification, and I started getting spam right away. Sorry about that. Is it causing trouble for you?

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love simple but it doesn't look like it! Even better! Love that photo of you too!

Anonymous said...

Super cute pic, Michelle!