Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Elements Intro Page...

My Book of Days page for November 21 is also the intro page for a workshop I'm taking at Wild Soul Arts.  It's about exploring the four elements of earth, fire, water and air.  This is my introductory page...

When I started the page, I didn't plan to do an intro to the Elements workshop.  I was just going to do a regular Book of Days page.  But as I watched Effy's BOD video, I was inspired by her use of crumpled kraft paper, so I experimented with it as a background.  I crumpled it up, flattened it out and ran distress ink pads over it, which highlighted the crumples.  Somehow the elements page just evolved out of that. 

The words inside the circle are a result of my brainstorming what comes to mind when I think of each element.

On another note I want to remind you about my upcoming Art Journaling workshop with Marit Barentsen.  It runs from February 4th through March 14th, 2013.  It's called MIXED EMOTIONS, and it's all about expressing your emotions through art journaling.  We are going to have tons of fun!!!  Here's what you get...

“Mixed Emotions” includes:

  • 12 lessons with assignments in pdf format. Each lesson will focus on a specific emotion and an art technique that goes with it. Techniques will be clearly shown through photos or demonstrated on video. Both beginners and advanced art journalers will find pleasure in working with the lessons.

  • Access to inspirational videos to inspire you and help your creative juices flow.

  • Extra printable collage sheets with photos, illustrations and quotes to use in your work.

  • Access to a private group discussion forum where you may share, ask questions and interact with the teachers and other class participants.(Access will be activated a few days before the workshop starts or within 24 hours of payment.)

  • Access to group albums for posting your completed assignments and seeing what others have done. (Access will be activated a few days before the workshop starts or within 24 hours of payment.)
I hope you will join us!!!  Click on the widget in the sidebar, or here, to find out more details and/or to register!

Thanks so much for visiting, my friends!  I will see you again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am IN, Michelle! I can't wait to take your class!!!! These pages are awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee your page Michelle!!! That circle in the middle totally POPS out with the different colors and elements!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

dawn said...

WOW, LOVE LOVE THIS PAGE!! What a cool theme this is and goes so well with the background colors!! LOVE LOVE IT!!

YES YES YES!! COUNT ME IN FOR YOUR CLASS!! CAN'T WAIT!!