Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Reluctant Bumblebee...

Today was my monthly crop with my girlfriends and we had a lot of fun!  I had time to finish another Scrapfest project from my Lily Bee workshop...

Here's the photo from the Scrapfest description.  The layout I finished today is the middle one...


and here's how mine turned out.  It's about my sister Renee's kindergarten bumblebee experience...



 I added the little bee using one of the Lily Bee paper buttons as his face.  The holes became the eyes, a little yellow cardstock for the body, and I doodled the rest.  I tried to make him look reluctant.  I made a flip-up for the journaling because I needed the extra room for the story.  The rest is below...


So, how cute is my sister as that bumblebee?!!!  I just love that photo!

I picked up a bunch of Simple Stories Sn@p! stuff for my 2013 Project Life album.  It's going to be hard to wait til then to use it!  Eek!

I hope you are having a super-fabulous weekend my friends!  Thanks so much for visiting!

4 comments:

dawn said...

How sweet this layout is Michelle, love this story. She doesn't look too happy at all, poor girl. Even unhappy though she is a cute little bee.

Great job on the layout, love the colors and the bees.

Does your sister scrapbook? art jouranl? or anything like you do? I think it's great when you use older pictures for your art!!
Happy Sunday!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is just ADORABLE Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeee the photo, the story and love love love love love the colors and banner on it's side!!!!

laurie said...

so cute, michelle. i'm always amazed at the volume and quality of the products you create!!! do you ever sleep?!

Anonymous said...

Haha - thanks, Michelle. Love you!