Wednesday, October 31, 2012

BOD for Monday - 10/29/12...

Hi everyone!  I've got another Book of Days page to share with you today.  I didn't have a chance to take photos along the way this time, but I can still explain the layers for you.  There aren't as many as usual, cuz I didn't have tons of time to put into it....

I started out with a heavy coat of Color Shine spray ink in the following colors:  Mustard, Primrose, Georgia Peach, and Sweet Cherry...
 Note the difference between the left side of the page, and the far right where the diecut paper is.  The left side was gessoed first, which causes the ink to bead up.  The diecut piece is not gessoed so the ink soaks right in. 


 Here's the finished page...
I took a flat paintbrush and brushed the wet mist straight up from the bottom of the page; just enough to mix the colors a little.  I had to dry that layer with a heat gun for a few minutes to get all that ink to dry on top of the gesso. Next came the collage bits.  A mailing label from Papaya Arts, A magazine image of a galapagos island booby, a piece of vintage text, and the word "shapeshift" from a magazine. Then I added the label with the "new week" alphas on it, and doodled three flowers.  The flower petals are colored with prismacolor premiere pencils.  Finally, I wanted to make the two sides of the page blend, so I used the same blue neocolor II crayon on the text piece the booby is standing on, and the centers of the flowers.

At the end I added the journaling and doodling and I was done! 

In other news, I've got a secret and I can't wait to share!  I should be able to tell you tomorrow...

4 comments:

dawn said...

WOW, another awesome page!! The first picture is amazing with all the colors going on, LOVE IT!! I like that each side looked different with the paint. Great doily and other goodies for the page. Keep these BOD pages coming, I love them!!

A SURPRISE???? WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!

Sandy said...

I love your pages, they're great.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME Michelle! I am loving the colors on this one!! Almost reminds me of tye-dye! :) I love love love the little heart on the bird too!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

LOVE this page!