Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lily Bee and Doodlebug Scrapfest Projects...

I'm excited to share with you three layouts that I actually finished during Scrapfest!!!  This almost never happens, since the classes are only 45 minutes long.  Sometimes you feel like you barely get started!  But these three I managed to finish during the Friday and Saturday night crops.

Lily Bee's "We Are Family" Class...
This is the class description and photos from the Scrapfest signup page...

and here's how my layouts turned out...


I changed a few details to make the project feel like my own, but mostly stuck right to the design provided in the workshop.  The class was taught by Kristen Young herself, who is the owner, founder of Lily Bee!  She is super sweet and so knowledgeable!  It was fun to meet her!

I haven't finished the card yet, but when I do I will be sure to share!

The next workshop project I'd like to share is from Crazy About Color by Doodlebug Design...


The photo in the class description did not do this project justice.  In real life it is GORGEOUS!  So many fun little details!  

I decided to do mine on the subject of the critters that come to our yard. Here's how my interpretation turned out...


The design of this kinda reminds me of a stitching sampler.  It gave me lots of ideas of other things you could do with a grid like this!  This one took awhile to do, but it was so much fun, and really worth it in the end!


More to come on Scrapfest!

I also want to mention that Noel Mignon is having a September Back to School Crop this week!  There are challenges, prizes and games, all with a school-related theme.  Super fun!!!  Click here to check it out...

Thanks for visiting and I will see you again soon!

6 comments:

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW Michelle!! These are amazing and gorgeous colors!! I love the grid idea, so much fun and all the possiblities for them. Each one is special and GREAT!! You filled each of the grid squares so creative and cute!! Glad you got some pages done this time.

How do you know what to take with you and what photos you will want? Do you get a schedule/list ahead of time that tells you? What kind of luggage/bag do you carry your supplies in?
Thanks for sharing!

Dara Lynn said...

Totally fun...just love seeing your creations !!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful pages. your exuberant style comes right through them. xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love your take on the classes Michelle!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Loving how you added your signature doodles to your pages!!!!! Fabulous!!!!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I love your layouts! Super cute!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these, especially the "sampler" layouts!!!